Monday, January 1, 2007

Living in the Year 2007

When I was a kid, I remember thinking that anything past the year 2000 was really in the future. I thought for sure that "living in the future" would bring great changes. I wanted a computer that would allow me to communicate with other computers anywhere in the world like in the movie "War Games". I hoped that the USSR would fall so scenarios like "Red Dawn" wouldn't take place. I dreamed of cars like KITT on "Knight Rider" that were smart and could tell you the temperature, you gas mileage, and give you driving directions. I wondered what it would be like to have a "car phone" like this rich guy had on an episode of "CHiPs".

Well, you can't have everything. But it sure is nice to be living in the future - the year 2007!

2 comments:

  1. hey there. i just thought i'd communicate to your computer from my computer. welcome to the future & happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already subscribed! I look forward to something every single day of 2007!

    ReplyDelete