Monday, January 1, 2007

I used to HATE Bowl games

I just watched 2 1/2 bowl games today. What happened to me? When I was a kid my dad completely bored me on New Year's Day by watching football all day long. I told myself I'd never be that way. I'd go to the mall with my wife and not waste anytime on football.

But the only reason I cared was because two of my favorite teams were in these games - the Arkansas Razorbacks and the USC Trojans. The later barely lost and the former won big. (Did I get that right? It's late.)

At least I was able to take our extremely dry Christmas tree down and store away our decorations until next December.

What was the 1/2 game? Well, as we played Apples to Apples at my brother's apartment with some friends, he had the Fiesta Bowl on with Boise State vs. Oklahoma. Boise State dramatically scored with 7 seconds left in the fourth to tie the game. Then they went on in OT to win with an amazing trick play to the chagrin of the OU fans. That was exciting!

Good night. Only 364 blogs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment