Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm Back!

Well over two and a half years ago I stopped blogging.  I'm not sure why I stopped.  Part of it was due to the fact that my family and I went through a rough year.  Several close family members died.  I changed jobs.  We bought a house.  Then we had a new baby.  We were busy with life.

Through it all, the Lord was faithful to watch over us.  We never lost our hope in Christ and we could honestly say we "rejoiced with hope" that he was being glorified.

Nevertheless, I stopped writing.

I also think there was another reason.  I began to use Facebook back in the summer of 2008.  I have to admit I like Facebook.  I know there is a lot of discussion as to the benefits of social networking.  I believe it is a tool and like any tool it can be used for good or bad.  I think for the most part, I've used it well.

That said, I limited myself to the world of what I will call "status update blogging".  You often have instant feed back and you don't have to spend a lot of time writing.  But I am a writer and I am itching to write more than my status update will allow me to do.

I also want to be able to find articles and video links that I post.  On Facebook, these links are quickly lost due to the constant strata being developed by each update.  I believe my blog will allow me to archive these things so I can find them for future use.  I also want them to be a resource for my readers (especially my students).

So, I'm back!

2 comments:

  1. I will follow! Glad you're going to write again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord reminded me that writing is my gift and that gift is for the building up of the Saints. I started blogging. I'm looking forward to reading what the Lord gives you!

    ReplyDelete