Thursday, July 28, 2011

Article: Is Church Membership Biblical?

Here's a great article explaining the biblical nature of church membership by Pastor Matt Chandler.  Like him, I grew up in a church context that did not emphasize membership.  I had many of the same questions that he had regarding church membership.  If you aren't committed to a church, this article will gently explain the biblical call to "submit" to a local church.  We don't like commitment in our modern world, but let me say it is a true blessing to belong to a local church.

Link to Pastor Matt Chandler's article.

2 comments:

  1. Right away I think of Psalm 92 and how we flourish when planted in God's house. Second, I think of how families suffer when members have a non-commital attitude.
    Thought provocing-Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete