Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Fastest Year of My Life
















Jackson will be one in about 6 hours. This time last year, Melissa had just received her epidural and we were settling into a long night of controlled contractions and passionate pushing. (I don't know if Melissa would quite use the word "settling".) And at about 5:48am on November 7, our little boy was born much to our great joy.

It was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I will never forget it. Truly it seems like only a few weeks ago now. It's interesting how long those first few weeks felt due to our lack of sleep, and now I'm saying it went so fast.

I've learned a few things this year. Here are four:

1. The Lord gives us kids to teach us how much we need Christ.

2. How absolutely blessed I am to have married Melissa.

3. That coffee can be a man's little helper when the Grim Sleeper won't leave you alone.

4. A little boy's smile and hug can make all the troubles of a day disappear.

Happy Birthday Jackson! May the Lord bless you with many more.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, my love, well said. (Even the "settling"...after the epidural, I was home free!!! :)

    ReplyDelete