Thursday, March 6, 2008

From Joy

I was reading in Matthew last night and these two words jumped off of the page - From Joy! They're found in a very short parable that Jesus told in chapter 13 v. 44:

The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid; and FROM JOY over it he goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.

I don't have time this morning to dig into this simple yet profound parable. I do, however, desire to live for Christ today because of the JOY I have found in him. He is my treasure. By his grace I "found" him so long ago and more and more I realize that there is nothing in this world's so called "treasury" that compares to the eternal treasure he is for me.

By his Grace and for his good pleasure I have joy in giving up the world and gaining Christ!

1 comment:

  1. ...and the world sees the "field" as nothing of value because they don't see the treasure hidden in it. They look at the man's decision to sell everything for that field as a foolish one. If only they could see how priceless the treasure in the field is!

    ReplyDelete